If you are one of the many people who have skin that you think is too dark, or whose skin is blemished by freckles, melasma, acne marks or dark under eye circles, then you know how frustrating it can be to try to find a solution to this problem. For years people have attempted to find a safe and effective way to address this problem with mixed results.
There are some natural whitening skin products that have become quite popular, as well as some bleaching products that are available both over the counter at your local beauty store or pharmacy, or by prescription from your doctor or dermatologist. There are also some beauty techniques that can help.
Skin Whitening Products
Here is a rundown of some of the most popular skin whitening products that people use.
- Organic Papaya Soap is generally a mixture of water and glycerine for cleansing purposes and organic papaya. Papaya contains an enzyme called papsain that has long been known to have bleaching effects on the skin.
- Yogurt and orange juice can be mixed together and applied to the skin on a daily basis. The mixture should be left on for approximately fifteen minutes a day.
- Cucumber and lemon juice are also effective bleaching agents when mixed together and left on the skin.
- Many people have found success by taking orange peels and letting them dry in the sun, then grinding them into a powder and mixing it with milk to make a paste. This paste can then be applied to the skin and allowed to dry there. This technique should used every day for a month to bleach the skin.
- Hydroquinone is a skin bleaching product that is available at your local drug store or through your dermatologist. The version that your dermatologist can prescribe for you is two times stronger than what you can purchase on your own, and will lighten your skin much more quickly than many natural remedies, which often take weeks to be effective.
- Turmeric mixed with chickpeas and olive oil. The combination can be ground into a paste and applied to the skin.
- It seems awfully simple, but rubbing milk onto your face has been found to be a good way to bleach the skin.
- Pure lemon juice can be an irritating but effective way to lighten your skin. Simply cut a lemon in half and rub it on your skin every day.
- Baby powder has been used for many decades as a great way to make your complexion appear lighter. The application has to be carefully done, starting by applying small amounts of moisturizer or sunscreen to the face, then dusting the face in small sections with baby powder, being careful to blend it very carefully.